Parents can meet the teachers of the morning shift on the first Saturday of every month from 12.00 Noon to 1.00 PM and teachers of the day shift on the third Saturday of every month from 11.00 AM to 12.00 Noon. However, in emergency they can meet the class teacher with the permission of the Principal.
- Parents are requested to inform the school if there is any change in their address of contact number.
- Parents are earnestly requested to co-operate with the school authorities in their attempt to help their child’s progress by paying attention to his/her regularity, punctuality and discipline and by taking interest in the child’s home tasks. They should check the diary every day. 85% attendance is a must for appearing in annual examination.
- Copies and books must be covered properly and labeled.
- As regular attendance is an important element for successful work, leave is granted only with the prior written application from parent/guardian. In case of absence due to sickness or other unforeseen circumstances, on his/her return, the student should bring a letter from the Parent/Guardian with proper Medical Certificate.
- Students suffering from contagious or infectious disease shall not be permitted to attend the school.
- A student returning to school after suffering from any infectious or contagious disease should produce a fitness certificate from an authorized doctor.
- Those absent without sanctioned leave will be fined at the rate of Rs.20/- per day. In case a student is absent for more than a week without sanctioned leave his/her name will be struck off ffrom the school records.
- Parents are requested to closely monitor the academic of their wards and ensure that whatever project and activities given to them are completed.
- Parents will not be allowed to take the child during school hours and functions like sports day, annual day etc. for any reason. In emergency cases, permission of the Principal is to be taken.
- In case of emergency, when parents want to collect their children, who avail bus facility, should take them by 11.30 AM if in the morning shift and by 4.30 PM if in the day shift. The necessary entry should be made in the register available at the reception/visitors room.
- Students coming in improper uniform and haircut/style will not be allowed to attend the classes.
- Students are strictly forbidden to go out of the school campus during recess.
- Parents must ensure that children do not bring money, mobile, i-pods, cameras or any other valuable articles to the school. The school shall not undertake any responsibility for the same.
- Care must be taken of all school property. If any damage is done, it will be the responsibility of the concerned student to make good the loss in the form of fine imposed for the offense.
- School is providing transport facility to cover most the areas of Bhilai. Route chart with stops is available in the office and circulated to the parents at the beginning of the session. Routes and stops once decided will not be changed during the session.
- Students should be at the respective bus stops ten minutes prior to the arrival of the school bus. Parents are requested to have a close look at the chart before opting for the transport facility. The bus stop preferred by the Parent for his/her ward from the list of scheduled stops, should be intimated to the school.
- Providing transport to the students is a part of facilities and should not be taken as a precondition to admission.
- Parents who come to collect their wards after school should take them within 15 minutes after the school hours. If they fail to do so the teacher on gate duty will hand over the child to the guard at the gate.
- Leave for half day should not be asked for, for security reasons. In the emergency, written permission must be taken from the Principal and the class teacher and the bus in-charge must be duly informed.
- Child when sick, should not be sent to school to attend test/class.
- Parent’s attention is drawn to the fact that criticism of the teachers or school in the presence of a child should be avoided because it causes the students to lose respect for their teachers which in turn will result in the child’s failure to learn from them and will retard his/her progress.
- Any communication made by the parent/guardian should be addressed to the principal through the class teacher.
Parents are requested to write the particulars of the student in the Almanac and ensure that it is brought to the school every day.
- Parents are requested to attend every PTA meeting to see their wards regularity, punctuality, discipline and progress and to sign the achievement record. The ward of those parents who do not attend the PTA meeting, will not be allowed to attend the classes.
- The school reserves the right to expel students whose progress in studies/conduct in their opinion is not found satisfactory, immorally, contempt of authority, non-payment of school dues Etc. are sufficient reason for expulsion.
General Guidelines for Students
- Every student should carry his/her almanac and RF-id card to school each day.
- Student should reach school at least 10 minutes before the start of the assembly.
- Cycles/Vehicles must be locked. Students are not allowed to bring two-wheelers to the school.
- Student should come to school in neat and clean uniform and must attend all functions inside and outside the school in school uniform only.
- Student should move in a line without making any noise. This practice should be observed at all the time in the school premises.
- Students should maintain discipline. Running in corridors, shouting, whistling, writing on walls, use of foul language etc. is strictly prohibited. It is your responsibility to keep your classroom and premises clean and care must be taken of all school property. Exploding crackers, splashing colours during Diwali/Holi or celebration of New Year or any other festival in the school premises is strictly forbidden
- No money/valuables should be brought to the school. The school is not responsible for the loss of any valuables.
- Bringing mobile to the school is strictly prohibited.
- Always converse in English in the school premises.
- Participate in all function/activities of the school. This will help in your overall personality development.
Note: The management of Sri Sankara Education Society reserves the right to change or alter any of the rules mentioned above.